During one of our game nights, Roc, for some reason had decided to put this little piece of scratch paper on his upper lip to give himself a Charlie Chaplin Mustache. Emma and Roc could hardly contain their laughter.
A funny side note, the game we were playing was Upword (a scrabble like game that allows you to stack the letters to create new words) and Roc got the notions to spell "SEX" and immediately asked "what is sex?" He then started laughing (he must have sensed my throat closing). My first instinct was to redirect a question like this to Stacie but as luck (or in my case "misfortune") would have it Stacie was at the store so I was abandoned to tackle this on my own, I was left with two options: Lie and tell him that it was not a word or do what I had always said I would do and break out the A&P books and give a complete breakdown of the word from a medical perspective. I decided to go with the Readers Digest option of explaining sex as being the defining characteristics that determines if we are a boy or a girl. Luckily he accepted my explanation and on my next turn I turned sex into jet, a much more exciting word to talk about with children!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.